J.D. Temple University
B.A. Tulane University with honors
Philadelphia Bar Association
American Society of Testing and
Environmental Standards and
License to Practice
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
120 North Church Street
West Chester, PA 19380
T (610) 344-9960 | F (610) 344-9961
Click here to download VCard
Steven concentrates his practice in general corporate and business law, real estate transactions, asset-based lending and corporate finance, creditors’ rights and environmental law. Steven also specializes in healthcare-related transactions, including acquisition and finance of long term care facilities and surgical, dialysis and imaging centers throughout the northeastern United States. In addition to his Of Counsel relationship with Brown Stone Nimeroff LLC, Steven has maintained a solo practice since 1992. Prior to 1992, he served in the Corporate Finance and Creditors Rights Departments of Pelino & Lentz, P.C. and in the Real Estate Department and Health Care Group of Fox Rothschild LLP, both in Philadelphia.
Some of Steven's engagements include:
- Negotiation of and closing the acquisition of four nursing facilities from a nursing home chain in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Successful argument before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in a case of first impression that established real estate tax exemption for all components of a non-profit, continuing care retirement community
- Co-counsel in the acquisition of thirteen magnetic resonance imaging centers in Delaware and Pennsylvania
- Negotiation and drafting of a design and intellectual property agreement between a high-end, custom kitchen manufacturer and several well-known restaurant chefs for installation of chef “signature” custom kitchens
- Design and implementation of a development financing facility using the income stream from a private issue municipal bond as collateral
- Negotiation of the settlement of a multi-million dollar environmental liability for less than ten percent of the claim; successful negotiation of defense and indemnity coverage under an 18 year old “occurrence” insurance policy
Steven has consulted in transactions in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maryland, Florida, Louisiana and Alabama. He has also lectured on a wide variety of corporate and real estate-related topics, including the Pennsylvania realty transfer tax, landlord-tenant law and the formation and operation of “captive” insurance companies.
In addition to his legal affiliations, Steven has been actively involved in many business ventures, including as a founder and developer of the Royal Oaks Golf Club in Lebanon, Pennsylvania and several residential real estate developments in central Pennsylvania, as principal of Land Settlement Services, Inc., a real estate title insurance agency, and as President of Lebanon Screen Printing, Inc., a textile printing and finishing company.